Alabama White Sauce - A White BBQ Sauce
This Alabama white BBQ sauce is a nice dip for smoked meats, raw crunchy veggies or mixed into coleslaw. Did I mention it only takes 5 minutes?
Servings 4 people
Cost $4/ 3€
- 150 g mayonnaise, Hellman's Brand (½ cup)
- ½ clove fresh garlic peeled
- 30 g hot mustard (1+½ tbsp)
- 30 g horseradish, (from a jar) (1+½ tbsp) use less for fresh horseradish
- 20 g apple cider vinegar (1+½ tbsp)
- 10 g brown sugar (1 tbsp)
- ¼ pc juice of lemon
- 0.5 g cracked black pepper (⅛ tsp)
- 0.5 g cayenne, ground (⅛ tsp)
- pinch of salt
Microplane the ½ clove of garlic into the bowl.
Mix all of the ingredients together and whisk well until smooth. Let sit for at least 10 minutes.
That's it! Now dunk some wings in there!
The sauce will have a much better flavour the next day after the ingredients have time to mix together.
This sauce will not last longer than 5 days in the fridge.
Calories: 275kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 17g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 356mg | Potassium: 47mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 82IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 1mg