This limoncello spritz is *the* definition of refreshing.
My love for limoncello was born during my time spent cooking in Italy and this drink always reminds me of being there and overindulging in heavenly Italian food.
The after-dinner limoncello was the perfect remedy to bring you back to life after a long day (and night) of eating and enjoying.
Some Italians even make their own limoncello with fresh lemons which is another level of deliciousness.
But you don’t need homemade limoncello to enjoy this cocktail. Just some limoncello, prosecco, soda water and preferably some nice sunny weather.
What’s In a Limoncello Spritz?
This cocktail is made of three main ingredients – limoncello, prosecco and soda water. It’s easy, simple and ultra-refreshing.
How’s the Taste?
I don’t like drinks that are too sweet and this cocktail is exactly that. The soda water really mellows the taste out and the only sweetness comes from the limoncello.
The limoncello spritz is super light, crisp, slightly minty and the ultimate thirst-quencher. You could easily drink these all day if you’re not too careful.
What Pairs Well With a Limoncello Spritz?
This cocktail screams sunny, hot weather! Think BBQs, eating outside or a nice Mother’s Day cocktail alongside brunch.
Normally limoncello is used as a digestif after a big Italian meal but this spritz is ideal before a meal. Serve this as an apéro or as a welcome drink before dinner.
Try these Other Drinks!
- How to Make the Perfect Filter Coffee
- The Best Coffee for Cold Brew with a Recipe
- This Light and Creamy Oatmilk Eggnog
- The Incredible Hulk Drink
- This DELICIOUS and Creamy Pina Colada (Vegan)
- This Refreshing Brown Sugar Oatmilk Shaken Espresso
- This Super Healthy Tropical Mango Smoothie
- The Easiest BBQ Bloody Mary Cocktail
- This Vodka and Watermelon Granita
Ultra Refreshing Limoncello Spritz
- 2 oz limoncello
- 3 oz prosecco
- 3 oz soda water
- 1 sprig fresh mint optional
- paper straws optional
- Add the limoncello to a glass filled with ice.
- Add the prosecco and soda water and mix well. Serve immediately