We drink smoothies every day and although we’ve had this tropical mango banana smoothie a myriad of times, it still never gets old.
As we’re both big into citrus flavours, this tropical beverage always hits the spot.
It’s got a TON of vitamin C from the fresh orange juice and it’s packed with digestion-aiding mango and ginger. 
What’s So Special About this Mango Banana Smoothie?
If you like fresh citrus flavours in the morning, then you’ll probably LOVE this smoothie.
It’s perfectly balanced with a brightness from the fresh lime juice, a little sweetness from the honey and a creaminess from the mango and banana.
It’s fresh, bright, quick to prepare and the BEST way to start your day.
This Smoothie May Help Boost Your Digestion
Mango is great for digestion because it contains a group of digestive enzymes called amylases.
These enzymes break down carbs into sugars which means it may help to prevent indigestion during a big meal.
Did You Know?
Ginger is another old-school digestive aid that’s healthy and nutritious.
That’s why it’s traditional to serve sushi with pickled ginger on the side – it’s been shown that ginger can kill dangerous parasites.
Tips for Making One Killer Smoothie
- Use frozen fruit instead of adding ice which will water down the taste. Better yet, buy a bunch of ripe mangos, cut them up and freeze them yourself to save money on frozen fruit.
- Don’t forget the banana – this is the key to a smooth and emulsified beverage.
- If you want to save time, buy fresh squeezed orange instead of juicing it yourself – although the taste is never quite as good!
How to Make this Mango Banana Smoothie
Ingredients You’ll Need
- 4-5 fresh oranges, juiced
- 1/2 pc lime, juiced
- 160 g frozen mango
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, peeled and grated
Simply blend everything together until smooth. Serve right away!
Try these Other Drinks!
- How to Make the Perfect Filter Coffee
- The Best Coffee for Cold Brew with a Recipe
- This Light and Creamy Oatmilk Eggnog
- The Incredible Hulk Drink
- This DELICIOUS and Creamy Pina Colada (Vegan)
- The Ultra Refreshing Limoncello Spritz
- This Refreshing Brown Sugar Oatmilk Shaken Espresso
- The Easiest BBQ Bloody Mary Cocktail
- This Vodka and Watermelon Granita
It contains honey which is not cool for all vegans. You can swap out the honey for agave syrup – just add about half as much because agave is much sweeter than honey.
Unfortunately not, there is a high amount of sugar in the fruit and honey which is not suitable for a keto diet.
Our Easy Tropical Mango Banana Smoothie
- 450 ml fresh-squeezed orange juice (about 5 medium oranges)
- 252 g frozen mango pieces (500ml/2 cups)
- 132 g banana (1 banana)
- ½ pc lime
- 1 tsp honey
- 6 g fresh ginger, peeled (1 tsp)
- Juice the oranges and ½ lime with a juicer.
- Peel the piece of ginger a slice it thinly.
- Add all the ingredients and blend till smooth!
Get a Health Boost From These Healthy Recipes…
- This Easy and Healthy Zucchini Dip
- My Ultimate Beef Pho (Using a Pressure Cooker)
- This Easy and Healthy “5 Alive” Salmon Ceviche
- This Refreshing Cucumber Salad From Michelin-Starred Chef Alain Passard
- This Easy Sauteed Broccolette with Chili Garlic and Olive oil
- What’s So Special About this Mango Banana Smoothie?
- This Smoothie May Help Boost Your Digestion
- Tips for Making One Killer Smoothie
- How to Make this Mango Banana Smoothie
- Ingredients You’ll Need
- Try these Other Drinks!
- Recipe FAQ
- Our Easy Tropical Mango Banana Smoothie
- Get a Health Boost From These Healthy Recipes…