I’m usually pretty skeptical of new twists on classic recipes, but this bbq bloody mary is an exception to the rule.
It’s a delicious but strange mix of ingredients that somehow come together to make one magical beverage. It’s actually better than the original.
This recipe is inspired by Jamie Oliver’s bbq bloody mary and adds a little bbq spice and sauce for a sweet and smokey twist.
Although, I draw the line once whole pieces of bacon start ending up in my cocktail. Call me crazy, but I’d rather eat the bacon with my eggs!
Crisp, Crunchy Celery is Non-Negotiable
The fresh and crisp crunch from the celery is a must for any bloody mary. If you forget to buy the celery you might as well make something else.
Do You Even Dip?
One of the best parts about this cocktail is the extra bbq spice along the rim of the glass.
With this little trick, you get umami from the celery salt, smokiness from the paprika and a little bump of sweetness from brown sugar.
Make a Big Batch
You can pre-mix this cocktail and store it in a large mason jar with a lid for up to a week in the fridge. Just be sure to store it without the vodka. Add the vodka right before serving.
Try these Other Drinks!
- How to Make the Perfect Filter Coffee
- The Best Coffee for Cold Brew with a Recipe
- This Light and Creamy Oatmilk Eggnog
- The Incredible Hulk Drink
- This DELICIOUS and Creamy Pina Colada (Vegan)
- The Ultra Refreshing Limoncello Spritz
- This Super Healthy Tropical Mango Smoothie
- This Refreshing Brown Sugar Oatmilk Shaken Espresso
- This Vodka and Watermelon Granita
More Smoker + BBQ Recipes
- These Epic Traeger Smoked Burgers
- These Legendary Smoked Chicken Thighs
- My Ultimate Smoked Mac and Cheese
- This No-Fail Grilled Spatchcock Chicken
- These Delicious Grilled White Sweet Potatoes with Sesame and Maple
- This Awesome Smoked and Grilled Corn on the Cob
- These Epic Braised and Grilled Ribs (Not smoked)
- These Easy Charcoal Grilled Chicken Satays
- These Deliciously Sweet and Smokey Leeks with Raz el Hanout
- This Epic Reverse Seared Smoked Ribeye with Umami Butter
An Easy BBQ Bloody Mary Cocktail
- Large jug
- 1 litre tomato juice
- 2 tbsp bbq sauce
- 10 dashes green tabasco
- 6 dashes worchestershire sauce
- ½ pc lime juiced
- 4 sticks celery super fresh
- 4-6 shots vodka
- lots of ice
BBQ spice mix
- ½ tsp celery salt
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp black pepper freshly cracked
- ½ tsp brown sugar
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp chili
- Mix the spices together in a small bowl to make a nice garnish for the drink and transfer to a plate.
- Mix all of the ingredients together for the bloody mary in a large jug or mason jar.
- Dip the rim of your cocktail glass in water and then roll it in the spices so that the edge of the glasses are lined with the bbq spice mix.
- Fill your lined glass with ice, pour over the bloody mary mix and stir. Garnish with a crisp piece of celery and enjoy!
Have you tried these recipes yet?
My Ultimate, Fall off the Bone Rib Recipe
This Grilled Green Onion Chimichurri Sauce
2 thoughts on “The Easiest BBQ Bloody Mary”
I’m normally a Caesar fan but I tried this recipe and it is amazing and super easy to make! The BBQ spice mix also tastes great on popcorn 😛
Oh yeah, the Caesar is another solid Canadian option! Bloody Mary flavoured popcorn sounds amazing!