I love this vegan chocolate mousse because I feel great after I eat it.
The secret is avocados which may seem strange, but they add an unexpected richness to the dish.
The best part is this recipe can be made in less than 10 minutes and doesn’t require any cooking.
Easier, Faster and Healthier Vegan Mousse
I’m not going to pretend that this mousse is better than the original french thing with loads of cream and dairy.
But this vegan chocolate mousse is certainly easier, faster and way healthier than the latter.
And with this recipe, you don’t have to stress about dessert the next time one of your dinner guests is vegan or lactose intolerant.
The Secret is Avocados
This chocolate mousse uses the richness of avocados and the bitterness of cocoa powder to create an incredible texture that is difficult to achieve without cream and eggs.
This recipe is great because you can make it ahead of time and set it in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Quality over Quantity
As the base of this mousse is mainly avocados, it’s important to use good quality, ripe avocados.
The quality of cocoa powder can also make a huge difference. Find the best quality of cocoa powder you can find.
This one from Valrhona is really good.
Necessary Tools for the Vegan Chocolate Mousse
Vegan Chocolate Mousse with Passionfruit
- 2 whole avocados ripe, the best quality you can find
- 80 g sugar
- ¼ whole lemon juiced
- 35 g cocoa powder best quality you can find
- 1 tbsp olive oil not too strong
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp pomegranate
- 1 tbsp hazelnuts toasted and crushed
- 1 whole passionfruit seeds and pulp
- 1 sprig mint fresh
- Peel and seed the avocados and place all ingredients in the food processor. Blend for at least 5 minutes or until it becomes smooth and shiny. Taste, it may need more sugar or more lemon juice depending on your taste preference.
- Place the mousse in a container with a lid and let it chill for about an hour. Alternatively you can set the mousse into serving cups already and cover with plastic wrap.
- Cut a passionfruit in half and scoop out all the seeds and flesh. Garnish the mousse with the seeds, toasted hazelnuts, pomegranates and fresh sprigs of mint. Enjoy!