What’s the perfect burger sauce? Big Mac sauce. This is not the actual recipe but instead a free-styled version with readily available items in the home kitchen. If you’re going to make homemade burgers you really have to make this recipe.
What is Big Mac Sauce Made of?
Shallots, garlic, mayonnaise, cucumbers, tomato paste, french mustard, some worcestershire sauce and a bit of soy is all you need. You can also try fish sauce instead of worcestershire sauce.
Keto Mac Sauce?
Yes, just make sure to choose a mayo that’s sugar free. Better yet, make your own.
It’s also dairy-free, and mostly gluten free (there is a tiny bit of gluten in soy sauce sometimes).
Do I Have to Cure the Vegetables?
No, but I think it makes the flavour of the sauce better and gets rid of some excess water from the cucumbers. If you’re in a rush you can skip this step and it will still be delicious.
- 150 g Mayonaise
- 1 small Shallot
- ¼ whole Cucumber
- 1 tsp Tomato Paste
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp Soy sauce
- 10 drops worcestershire sauce or fish sauce
- 1 clove Fresh garlic Puréed through a Microplane
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Cut the cucumbers and shallots into a small dice (brunoise).
- Salt the shallots and cucumbers together and let sit over a strainer for 10-30 minutes.
- Take your cured veggies and mix everything together with the mayo. Depending on the mayo you used you may need to add more salt.